Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Next 30 Years

Well today I woke up thinking a lot about my life and what I would like to still do cause we never really know how long we have here on Earth.  Tomorrow is not promised and today is not a given.  I guess this all started today because as I looked in the mirror putting on my makeup and I saw that I am getting wrinkles (yes I know I sound vain).  Its not really a vanity thing but more like a realization that I am not as young as I once was and in  a few years I am going to be the BIG 4 - 0.  Dear Lord, I am going to be 40 before I know it.  And then eventually our children will be grown and on their own.  I am quite sad about that last one.  I am not ready for my children to grow up even though I know I have to let them and there is nothing I can do about it in all reality.  Life doesn't stop for anyone, does it?

Where did time go????


Then there is the realization that both my dad's parents and my father himself all passed away around the age of 60.  That's not very old if you think about it.  My dad was only 22 years older than I am now and so I guess if I want to get certain things accomplished, I better get a move on it.  I am not trying to sound depressed or morbid at all because in all reality for the first time since moving to PA, I am really happy.

I am happy and for the most part I am a pretty optimistic person.  I try and see the good and positive in most things.  I have my children, Jason, and my health.  What more do I need?  I guess anything else is just superficial.  Everyone has that part to them, I suppose.  Life is what you make of it I have come to realize and I am going to make my life the best I can.

I think Tim Mcgraw's song says it best...


I think I’ll take a moment, celebrate my age
The ending of an era and the turning of a page
Now it’s time to focus in on where I go from here
Lord have mercy on my next thirty years

Hey my next thirty years I’m gonna have some fun
Try to forget about all the crazy things I’ve done
Maybe now I’ve conquered all my adolescent fears
And I’ll do it better in my next thirty years

My next thirty years I’m gonna settle all the scores
Cry a little less, laugh a little more
Find a world of happiness without the hate and fear
Figure out just what I’m doing here
In my next thirty years

Oh my next thirty years, I’m gonna watch my weight
Eat a few more salads and not stay up so late
Drink a little lemonade and not so many beers
Maybe I’ll remember my next thirty years

My next thirty years will be the best years of my life
Raise a little family and hang out with my wife
Spend precious moments with the ones that I hold dear
Make up for lost time here ,In my next thirty years


So I am a little late starting my next 30 years but it's better late than never.  This year I am going to try and do the following things:

1.  Lose weight and get healthy (not skinny just healthy)
2.  Spend more time with my kids and Jason as a family doing family things
3.  Get a new tattoo ... Here is what I want 

4.  Make more time for me and Jason (I will accomplish this one if it kills me so I am now on the look out for a sitter)
5.  Marry Jason (After 11 years it is time and even if we elope it will happen)
6.  Spend more time with family 
7.  Check into cosmetology school (Not sure if I can go but I am going to check it out)
8.  Check into a photography classes (I think my next birthday present should be a good camera)
9.  Take more pictures of my family (the ones near and far)
10. Go somewhere out of the country with a beach.  The beach part is very very important.  lol.

There are so many things I would like to do but I think this is a good start.  I am sure I will be adding to it as the year goes on.  I just don't want life to pass me by and look back wondering why I didn't do this or that.  I always have good intentions but sometimes I take for granted or put other things ahead of what should be most important.  My family and my relationship with Jason is going to be my number one priority this year.  I think we deserve it and desperately need it.  




No comments:

Post a Comment